Saturday, July 29, 2017

Whimsy Stamps Penguin and Bear



Hello! I am thrilled to be guesting with Whimsy Stamps again this month, and I have a cute card to share with you today! 

I'm using an adorable stamp called Penguin and Bear.



I stamped this cute image on Bristol Board and colored the main image with Copic Markers. I watercolored the background around the image with Peerless watercolor. 




I cut my colored panel out with a stitched rectangle die, and mounted it onto a card base that I had covered with patterned paper to match. I added a few tiny white dots with acrylic paint. The sentiment is from the Snowman and Friends stamp set.

You can check out the Penguin and Bear stamp and Snowman and Friends set  at Whimsy Stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Kay :)


12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Kay...this image is adorable! And you've colored it so sweetly. I just want to scoop them up and squeeze them! :) I also think the background looks terrific watercolored like that. How fun that you used pattern paper for the background. Looks great. The entire card is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute ! Loved the coloring a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such happy critters and you made them so cute with your coloring and card design! Adorable Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love Whimsy's penguins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy these two are so sweet. These Whimsy critters are really adorable. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an ADORABLE card, your beautiful coloring is always candy for the eyes! THANK YOU for being a SUPER SPECIAL Whimsy Stamps Guest Designer, we just love you Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might sit and stare at this one for a bit ... I'm thinking you might choose a patterned paper for inspiration for your coloring - those little darlings surely do look perfectly at home there! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your backgrounds will always amaze me , Kay! You seem to know how to make any image magical! Love these two adorable critters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like it's right out of the pages of a children's book. Darling card and perfectly colored!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colouring, as always,is just so fabulous Kay! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my heart! This is absolutely darling, Kay! Beautiful coloring and I love how you added watercolors to the background...so clever! I never thought to use Copics with Bristol...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)